~Poppy Bud Creations~


It's Christmas eve today and like we do every year we have presents for everyone. This year I got a special gift, it came in a couple of weeks before christmas. I didn't wanted to take a look at my present before it was christmas eve! That was the hardest thing I've ever did in my whole life. Since I went to the post office to pick it up and saw a super cute drawing on the side of his box. It made me all teary, I was so happy with this gift that I wanted to open it right away but yeah it wasn't christmas eve that day. So my boyfriend did the first check up with the package. Everything was fine and arrived safely without any damage.

It was my first time I bought a second hand doll and I was very nervous if everything went right. It's such a different than when you order a doll right from the company. Since this doll was a limited edition back in 2006 I needed to get a second hand doll or just leave it on my I-will-never-own-this-doll wishlist. But when I saw this little one up for sale for the third time that I looked in the past half year I knew it was ment to be. He was also a bit priced down since the beginnen which was also a good thing. Allthough he was still an expensive doll I really needed this one. 

Ever since I saw a picture of a Yo-Tenshi Kasumi I knew that this mold was made for me! So cute and adorable, just perfect. Especially when they have their wings on, it was one of the requirements that this doll had. I wanted a Yo-Tenshi Kasumi with the original body and wings. It was such a hard search to find him in perfect condition and with all the requirements that I had for him. In the past 4 years I think I found a Kasumi for about 3 times I think and mostly way over priced. Well, it was over priced in my opinion or without the wings and that was something that I really wanted!

But after many years of wishing and hoping I found my little one in Spain. He was in perfect condition and even in the way that I wanted. Although he wasn't 100% original I wanted to give this little one a place to stay. So I brought him home to live with me ...

Here is his box opening! Welcome home my sweet little christmas angel!



This is his small box, I didn't expected a white one with Super Dollfie on it. I always thought that they would have a picture of the doll on fron of it. Never less I really love this white box with golden letters on it.


My little mummy boy, so excited!!



This little drawing on the outside of the shipping box made me so emotional! It's the sweetest thing ever. I told the seller that I would call him Buttercup just before she shipped him out. So seeing that she made a small drawing on the box with his name on gave me the feeling that Buttercup himself drew it on the box before he was packed inside. And that he was so happy to come home!

The seller even included an adorable little card with cute wishes and sayings. And look even the little buttercup angel on it so sweet!!!


Since I'm doing the box opening in a different place than I normal would do, I needed to pack some things for him in my suitcase. I didn't knew what size he would be since it's my first Volks Yo-SD, but I knew that they are a lot chubbier than Cupecake my Bambicrony Yo-SD. And the other thing was Buttercup is a boy, not a girl so I couldn't dress him up in a skirt or a pink dress. So I took an old MSD size T-shirt with me, some brown Yo-SD boots and 14mm eyes. I was so sure that he needed 14mm because the 16mm would be way to big for a Yo-SD you know. But after trying the 14mm I realized that 16mm is the way to go. I'm so glad that I didn't bought him any eyes yet at this point, cause I would have chosen the 14 ones instead of the 16mm and than I end up with an useless pair of eyes. But also the shoes I brought for him where to small, this boy has really manly feet. They are so big, not in length but his instep is just wow! I've never seen such large tiny feet before. Hopefully the shoes I want to buy for him will fit.

But that will be an other story, in the next weeks I'm planning to do his face up and make him some clothes. I already have some patterns for him so that would be a challenge for me, first time sewing a Yo-SD size outfit from scratch. I'm already looking forward to it! To end this post I will share some pictures I took with his eyeless head, fuzzy wig and massively oversized shirt. Oh, and I also made a little video for the ones that asked for it.







0 reacties: