~Poppy Bud Creations~

Dolliverse is a BJD convention in The Netherlands which is orginized by Think Pink!

This convention is on the globe for a couple of years now but it was been a while since my last visit.

I want to share my experience with this event from last weekend. The pro's and con's, but also a couple of pictures and spread some doll love into the world.

So let's start to tell a bit about the Dolliverse itself.
Dolliverse is as I mentioned before a BJD convention but other dolls like Blythe, Pullip, Barbie and other dolls are also welcome. But the main focus in this event is definatly the BJD world. I find it a bit sad that there weren't that many Pullip or Blythe stands or even a workshop for these type of dolls. 
But maybe next year will be a bit different?! I don't know...

Allthough Blythe dolls are not that populair within the BJD communitie I was really happy that I was able to talk to a collector about those dolls. For myself I'm really intrested in buying a Blythe someday but I'm really a newbie in this world. So talking to a more expirienced collector was a great thing for me, I was able to shoot my questions on her and she answerd them with a smile! So many many thanks for that!
Seeing Blythe dolls in real life made me realize how pretty they are.

This beautie is a custom, done by fifiandblythe. She is an amazing artist that creates little pieces of art on the eyelids of blythe dolls. Isn't this amazing?! You can find her on Etsy for eyechips or on flickr, there she uses the name fifilatrixabel. Definatly worth visiting!

And an other cutie that was standing there at the sellers booth, she looks so innocent.

The gumpy girl of the whole family I think, allthough she looks not so amused I still think she is cute as hell!
Seeing these custom Blyhte dolls definatly made me clear that I want a blythe doll myself that I can customize! 
In the first place I wanted a beautifull factory doll that I really really like a lot like I do with my pullip dolls.
But the posibilities are endless just like with BJD dolls!


The room was really big, they had a nice set up for the selling boots and plenty of room for workshops.
But not that many tables with chairs for sitting in the dealer room itself. So if you wanted to sit down you needed to go to the restaurant part of the location. It's not such a big deal but I wanted to mention it anyway. All the boots where nicely decorated and with lots of gorgeous stuff for sale.
I had the biggest smile on my face while I was standing at the Bluefairy booth! Yes, Bleufairy was their with lots of beautifull dolls and lots of clothes. It was all so cute!

At the event itself where a couple of activities. Like a restringing workshop, sewing club, photography workshop and a face up workshop. As far as I know all the workshops where held 2 times trough out the day. I can only talk about the face up workshop since that was something that I walked by a couple of times while the workshop was running. Sadly I didn't noticed the other workshops, so sorry if you where looking for an opinion on that one.


The first face up class was with Kayren, she is an unique face up artist with such a great style if you like fantasy inspired face ups and facial tattoo's that is really her trade mark in the dutch communitie.
She helped the students where she could and guided them a little bit trhough the magiacal word of making your own face ups.
Allthough she was working on a commission at the same time she still was able to help them out by answering the questions that they had and with some tips and triks.
All the materials that they needed where sponsered by Think Pink! So they didn't needed to worrie for extra costs on supplies and stuff.
There was only one thing that I missed at the first workshop was a face up workplan, at the second face up the host had made a step by step plan to guide the student trough the workshop. i thought that was verry clever of her!

A student at work!

One of the highlights at this event where definatly the contest with a Circus theme and the lottery. Bluefairy donated many beautifull prices for this, I believe they donated 2 dolls for the lottery. In total there where 4 dolls and 2 heads on the table for the contest and the lottery together. That's just amazing! I was able to get a beautifull A4 size print of a BJD doll so I'm verry happy with that. Like everyone else I wanted also to win a beautifull doll but yeah, I'm happy with my photo anyway! 

There where a lot of beautifull dolls at the event. But I didn't took that many pictures of them... 
Allthough I have some beauties for you anyway.
A beautifull Pullip doll, I really loved her eyes! Those where so bright.





I was really happy that there was a photocorner with lights and backgrounds so I took the upertunity to work with the materials a bit.




I took Margaux with me to this event, together with Tylor and Cupecake. As soon as we arrived I was able to put margaux down at the dolly-sitting club. What a great idea, it's like a babysitters club but than for dolls! I switched dolls multiple times throughout  the day but I still have a soure arm from carrying my dolls around. 
Margaux had a lot of fans that day, together with Angelina. Angelina is the doll from Gabriƫl, Velvetbat in the communitie. He brought his Trinity doll to show everyone and I told him that I wanted to make a picture of my Lusion with his Trinity! So I was really happy when he arrived, it took a while to get Angelina ready to go since she is really heavy to walk with for a long time. So she was set on a cart to walk around.


I had a great time that day! So manny ideas for new projects and the most imported thing is that I'm falling on love with my dolls all over again... 
For Cupecake I bought a new dress set from Bluefairy, but as soon as they changed her clothes for me I saw that I needed to change her face up all over again... So she is laying on my working table for a new face, I'm allready looking forward to see what she will look like when I'm finnished with her!














0 reacties: